The ROP Shop Tiny Tach Hour Meter Mounting Bracket
- The ROP Shop replacement Mounting Bracket
- Specs - Refer to images 2 &3 for more information
- Includes - (1) Bracket; comes as shown in the first image
- Handy mounting bracket for your hour meter/tachometer to ensure your generator is properly maintained
- Made of sturdy 16 gauge aluminum material
The ROP Shop staff constantly strives to provide clear and concise product information. We understand that sometimes it can be difficult to confirm product compatibility. It is your responsibility to confirm this is the correct product you need; therefore, we encourage all customers to fully review the information provided in this listing prior to purchase. Any specific models stated in the listing are potential matches only and not a guarantee of compatibility. Nothing is worse than having to return a product, trust us…we get it. Let us work together to avoid this! If you are unsure as to whether this is the correct product for your unit, please ask. If you need assistance we will need as much of the following information as possible, if applicable, to help you find the product you are looking for:
Model and/or Sub-model
Spec and/or Type Number
Code and/or Serial Number
Our knowledgeable product specialists are always willing to help you verify product fitment. Stay rugged, my friend.
The ROP Shop Staff
Please reference our TinyTach information sheet as well as our general warranty policy.
How to Reset your Tiny-Tach™
STEP 1: PRY OFF THE ADHESIVE FACE LABEL WITH A UTILITY KNIFE.
STEP 2: CAREFULLY PRESS THE SHARP POINT OF THE KNIVE DOWN INTO THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER OF THE SOFT POTTING MATERIAL (AS SHOWN BELOW). THIS WILL RESET THE DISPLAY.
**TOO STRONG A SIGNAL CAN CAUSE THE TINY-TACH TO “LOCK UP” AND FREEZE. TOO MANY WRAPS OF THE RED WIRE MAY CAUSE THIS TO HAPPEN. PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW TO KEEP YOUR TINY-TACH WORKING PROPERLY.
Correcting Tiny-Tach™ RPM Readings
ERRATIC RPM READINGS CAN BE THE RESULT OF TOO STRONG A SIGNAL GOING TO THE TACH. THIS CAN BE CAUSED BY SEVERAL DIFFERENT CONDITIONS SUCH AS TOO MANY WRAPS OF THE RED ANTENNA WIRE OR TOO MUCH ELECTRONIC NOISE FROM MULTIPLE CYLINDERS, OLDER ENGINES, OR OUTBOARD ENGINES.
THE STRENGTH OF THE SIGNAL IS CONTROLLED BY THE NUMBER OF WRAPS OF THE RED ANTENNA WIRE AROUND THE SPARK PLUG WIRE - THE MORE WRAPS, THE STRONGER THE SIGNAL BECOMES. TOO STRONG A SIGNAL CAN CAUSE THE TINY-TACH™ TO “LOCK UP” AND FREEZE. IT CAN BE UNLOCKED BUT USING FEWER WRAPS OF THE RED WIRE WILL PREVENT A REPEAT. SOMETIMES IT IS BEST TO USE A FILTERED TACH - PARTICULARLY WITH OUTBOARD ENGINES.
HERE’S A DETAILED EXPLANATION OF HOW TO RESET YOUR TINY-TACH™
1. USING A BOX KNIFE OR SMALL POCKET KNIFE, GET UNDER THE FACE LABEL AND PEEL IT FROM THE BLACK TINY-TACH™ BOX. THE LEXAN LABEL HAS AN ADHESIVE BACK AND WILL NOT TEAR WHEN YOU PULL IT OFF. IT IS ABOUT 1/16" THICK AND CAN BE REPLACED IF NEEDED. IF IT IS DAMAGED WE CAN SEND YOU A REPLACEMENT LABEL.
2. WITH THE LABEL REMOVED, YOU WILL SEE A RECTANGULAR HOLE WITH SOFT POTTING MATERIAL INSIDE. THE BOTTOM RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THAT HOLE IS WHERE YOU WILL BE DOING THE RESET WITH YOUR KNIFE.
3. POSITION THE KNIFE AS SHOWN IN PHOTO 2 ABOVE SO THAT IT WILL SPLIT THE CORNER IN HALF (AT A 45 DEGREE ANGLE). BY GENTLY PRESSING THE BLADE OF YOUR KNIFE DOWN INTO THAT CORNER, YOU WILL BE TOUCHING 2 PADS OF THE CIRCUIT BOARD (SHORTING THEM TOGETHER) FOR A SECOND.
4. WITH THE TIP OF THE KNIVE, TOUCH THE “V” IN THE CORNER. PUSH THE KNIFE DOWN GENTLY SO THAT IT CUTS INTO THE GREY POTTING MATERIAL AND BRIEFLY TOUCHES THE CIRCUIT BOARD. WHEN YOUR KNIFE IS TOUCHING THE BOARD, YOU MAY NEED TO ROCK IT SLIGHTLY SO IT WILL TOUCH BOTH COPPER PADS AT ONCE. THIS WILL RESET THE TINY-TACH.™
NOTE: IF THIS DOES NOT WORK, YOU ALSO CAN CAREFULLY CUT OUT THE SOFT GREY POTTING MATERIAL TO GET A BETTER LOOK AT THE CIRCUIT BOARD. YOU WILL SEE A HOLE ABOUT 1/8" IN DIAMETER (A COPPER RING AROUND WITH A GAP AND THEN A COPPER PAD). YOU ARE TRYING TO SHORT THE RING AND THE COPPER PAD TOGETHER BY TOUCHING IT WITH THE TIP OF THE KNIFE FOR A SECOND. THIS WILL KILL POWER (LIKE REBOOTING A COMPUTER) AND RESET THE ELECTRONICS.
ONCE YOU HAVE RESET YOUR TINY-TACH™, START YOUR WRAPS OF THE RED WIRE AROUND THE SPARK PLUG WIRE WHERE THE RED WIRE COMES OUT OF THE BLACK COAX CABLE. START WITH 1 WRAP AND ADD ONLY 1 AT A TIME UNTIL YOU HAVE A STEADY READING. AT THAT POINT, STOP WRAPPING. BRING THE REST OF THE RED ANTENNA WIRE BACK AROUND THE BLACK COAX WITH 2 WRAPS AND TRIM OFF THE EXTRA RED WIRE.